I went on a fully vegan grocery shopping trip today and brought home so many yummy snacks.
For breakfast, our options for the week include oatmeal (we already have some in the pantry), cinnamon bagels toasted and topped with peanut butter or jelly (or both), and fruit smoothies with bananas and spinach.
We like to snack in my house. So we have tortilla chips that we can snack on with salsa and/or guacamole. These bean crisps are so good, I usually will just snack on them alone.
For lunch, I am making a chili in the crockpot. The chili has black beans, garbanzos, pinto beans, quinoa, tomatoes, tomato paste, carrots, potato, garlic onion, and spices. Along with packing our chili in the lunch bag, we usually have our smoothies and a bar, in this case, a luna bar. Sometimes we will also bring a banana in our lunch bags.
For dinner we have several options. Pasta with marinara sauce (we have veggie meatballs in the freezer), adding mushrooms and/or spinach to the pasta. We have brown rice and veggie stir fry as another option for dinner.
And then we have plenty of fruits to snack on too! Some “accidentally vegan” raspberry strudels that taste like mini pies as an indulgent treat. and the dark chocolate pretzels.
Scroll down for full grocery list:
- Canned tomatoes (they were on sale for $0.69) Im gonna use some for our lunch for the week: crockpot chili
- Cinnamon raisin bagels (easy breakfast – toast and top with PB or Jelly or both)
- Bananas- lots of them. We use them in daily fruit and spinach smoothies.
- Pretzel hoagie rolls. For veggie sandwiches. the bread has 9g protein, plus hummus= 4g. Add
- avocado for a quick and satisfying sandwich with 13g protein 🙂
- Bell peppers – for the crockpot chili and for veggie fajitas
- green cabbage- for steamed veggies along with
- Portobella mushrooms
- Pasta sauce
- Veggie rotini – made with semolina flour, has 7g protein per serving
- Tortilla chips – I used them to eat a chickpea salad- yum!
- Bean chips – snack with avocado
- Grapes – anytime snack
- Sweet potatoes, I plan to bake them and top them with
- Dandies – vegan marshmallows 😀
- Luna bars – to take for a lunch time snack
- Potato and Herb sourdough bread
- Raspberry Strudel bites
- Dark chocolate pretzels